I feel like DIY home facemasks are often so underrated. They are natural and can be extremely effective. I have three go-to facemasks that I like to make at home. They’re easy, effective, and perfect for some self-pampering time.
- Turmeric, Cinnamon, and Honey Facemask:
- Turmeric is great for reducing acne, scars, and helps fight inflammation. Cinnamon has anti-fungal, antioxidant, and antibacterial properties. Finally, honey is a natural antibacterial, and antioxidant. With these properties, honey can fight acne and slow down aging. Mixing all three makes an amazing mask to help fight all types of acne while moisturizing your skin leaving you with a glowy, youthful look. I like to use organic products if possible and it’s so easy to make!
- Recipe: ½ a Teaspoon of Turmeric, ½ a teaspoon of cinnamon, and 1 1/2 a Tablespoon of Honey. Mix and leave on for at least 10 minutes. Then wash off and follow with your favorite moisturizer.
- Aztec Clay Mask with Apple cider Vinegar:
- This facemask is one of the biggest selling skincare products on Amazon, and the hype is 100% true. It’s 100% natural and affordable! Clay is excellent for drawing out toxins from the skin. You can use water, but I like to use organic apple cider vinegar for its antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- Recipe: Mix equal parts of clay and apple cider vinegar. Leave on for 15 minutes and wash it off with warm waters. Follow with your favorite moisturizer!
- Egg White with Lemon:
- This one is a perfect anti-aging mask and for getting rid of annoying blackheads. Egg whites are great for a DIY peel-off mask. They also help tighten up your skin and help absorb excess oil. The vitamin C in lemon helps brighten your skin while also boosting collagen production. With both egg whites and lemon fighting to reduce oil, it can help prevent blackheads and pull them off like blackhead strips.
- Recipe: Mix one teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice and one egg white. Mix both and apply the mixture on your skin. Leave it on your skin until it fully dries and peel it off your skin. Wash off any leftover mixture and follow with your favorite moisturizer.
If you decide to try these out, make sure that you start with a freshly cleaned face. They’re amazing and I love how accessible the ingredients are. Although buying pre-made masks are easier, these are amazing affordable DIY masks you can do at home whenever. I would recommend doing these at least 2-3 times a week to get results fast. If you guys try any out let me know! Also, let me know your favorite DIY facemasks that I need to try out!!
All the love,