You know what I hate, waking up with a puffy look on your face. You know what I’m talking about? Like when you don’t get a good amount of sleep or you didn’t eat the healthiest the night before and it just shows through your face. When this is the case I just take an extra 5-10 minutes to take time to give myself a Gua Sha facial.
So let’s get into the details on what exactly is gua sha. It’s a facial massage using a small crystal stone tool. Giving yourself the massage will promote lymphatic drainage and releases congestion and toxicity, aka get rid of the puffiness. It also stimulates collagen, relaxes facial muscles, anti-aging, soothes eyes and skin and gives you a brighter healthier complexion and something you can do your self. Do you get why I’m all about this?
No my current gua sha tool that I used is this one and it’s for such a good price. It’s easy to use and gets the job done. Okay, so before getting started there are a few things to know.
- Use a light touch, you don’t want to be too harsh and we don’t want to pull on the skin.
- Make sure to always stroke upwards to avoid any sagging and aging problems. The only time that going downwards is okay is when you are moving the congestion and toxins from the lymphatic drainage from the sides of your face down to your lymphatic ducts by your color bones.
- The goal is to take out the toxins and any congestion which is why you want to be aware of your lymphatic ducts on both sides to accomplish this.
- Use oil to do the massage. Yes, you can use a moisturizer but and oil takes a bit longer for your skin to absorb so it makes it easier to scrape your face using the crystal tool.
- Do 3-5 stokes on all areas but for your forehead, you can do even more.
Okay yes I know it sounds like a lot but I promise you it is not at all. To make your life a bit easier I have added a little chart down below showing you the steps. So by following the tips above start at scraping your face lightly in the first area with the number 1. Then follow through until the final step.
Gua sha is such a game-changer to the point where people call it the natural botox. With something so easy and so good for you (yes even for your whole body) I think everyone should just try it out. The benefits are endless and for basically anything. Try it out and get your glowy perfect skincare game on.
All the love,