I am a big believer in finding ways to gain new knowledge and bringing new value into your life. I am someone who did not want to go to college because I felt that it wasn’t right for me. I also believe that having a four-year paid education and a degree isn’t always necessary in life. I started my own company when I was 16 years old. One of the things that made that possible was finding free resources to gain knowledge in starting a business. Today it’s been 4 years since I first started my business and it’s still running strong. I think people have this idea that without a college education you cannot achieve a specific level of success. If you take the time to look, you will find out that many of the most successful people in the world today did not complete college and some never completed high school. If you’re someone who can’t afford education or if you’re like me and knows that college isn’t for you it doesn’t mean you can’t build yourself an independent and successful life. The key isn’t getting a standard college education. The key is to find a way to continue on your education every day in any way on a subject that you love. Then you put in the effort to apply this new knowledge to your life. Just like Julian Hall said, Knowledge is useless without consistent application.
The best part is that there are so many different platforms and resources on finding new ways to educate your self on any subject. I am constantly looking for new resources that educate me and bring me some type of value. One of my favorites is listening to podcasts.
I love listening to podcasts because it’s such an easy thing to add to your day. I tend to listen to podcasts while in the car, at the gym, or while I’m working. It doesn’t take up any of my time, which is such an amazing part of it. You are hearing stories and learning things from people who are in the industry or related to the subject you are interested in. My favorite topics are business, health, beauty, fashion, and mindset related. That’s what so great about podcasts because there are some for just about any subject. The best part is that it’s free and accessible to everyone through multiple outlets. Down below is a list of my all-time favorite podcasts that I listen to all the time as much as I can.
- The Ed Mylett show by Ed Mylett
- Ed Mylett, a business leader who will help lead you into becoming the person you want to be in all aspects of life. Being ranked top 50 wealthiest under 50, he shares his knowledge of maxing out your life to live the life you want to live. By bringing other people in his podcast that match that lifestyle you learn about being an entrepreneur and a constant source of motivation and mentorship. He is someone who gives you the motivation to put in the work. He has such a large spectrum of leaders feature on his podcast that it’s easy to find something that resonates with you and your passions.
- The skinny confidential by Lauren Evarts and
- A killer entrepreneur couple giving you value for just about any subject. With both being familiar with the work and dedication that it takes to build a brand and business you know that you’ll have plenty to learn, TSC was my first favorite podcast and its something that I listen to every week. 1-2 episodes a week aren’t enough for me. This podcast will inform you of things like entrepreneurship, skincare, beauty, health and improving yourself in any other way. This podcast is like having a conversation with your closest girlfriends about some of your favorite subjects. It’s entertaining and REAL, which we love.
- The School of Greatness by Lewis Howes
- Lewis Howes is a NYT best selling author with a background of being a former pro athlete and a current entrepreneur. I love to learn about the success of others and that is exactly what you get from this podcast. Filled with inspiring stories from some of the best business people out there, you get the chance to learn from them through both their failures and successes. I love anything relating to entrepreneurship so this is the perfect mixture of inspiration and guidance.
- Plant Proof Podcast By Simon Hill
- I’ve always loved learning anything health and food inspired and this podcast combines both. With the influence of living a plant-based life, Simon gives a personal experience to living a healthy plant-based life. This podcast also features a wide variety of guests from doctors, influencers, athletes and more. All of them share their knowledge of plant-based diets and how it changed their own lives. I love to learn the effect that food plays in our lives so this is perfect. Whether or not if you are following a plant-based diet, this podcast is such a great way to learn how to improve your health and life through the power of food.
- Beyond Influential by Brittany Krystie
- Social media plays such a big part in both our personal lives and business lives. This podcast talks about the power of social media for entrepreneurs and creative individuals wanting to take that next step for their careers. Filled with different influencers and business owners, you can hear how social media has changed their lives and business. Learn about how people can influence others and become successful doing what they love. This is an amazing resource to learn about how you can use your social media to take your dreams to that extra step above.
- The Fashion Feed by Elizabeth Stiles
- As a fashion lover, I love to hear everything about the whole aspect of fashion. From the design and production process to how the actual business is created and how others use fashion to build their future. Countless fashion designers and influencers are featured and they give you value and an inside look into their world that often isn’t shared enough. For me, it’s such an inspirational podcast and about something that I am truly passionate about. So if you’re a bit fashion obsessed like I am, check this one out.
All of these podcasts are my top favorites that I am constantly listening to. Trust me guys podcasts are WORTH your time. They all inspire and motivate you while educating you. I have a few other podcasts that I listen to but these are the ones I come back to weekly. I hope you guys enjoy them as much as I do and find that they give you as much value as they bring me. I am always looking for a new podcast to listen to so if you have any favorite ones, let me know!
All the love,