Okay, I have had a JOURNEY to get to the point of having clear smooth skin. Your girl is rocking the best skin she has ever had, not perfect but I am so happy for where I am at. I feel like I need to have a whole before and after photo situation going on, I just need to find some photos!!
I have made a list of my current favorite products and the best part is that all of them are so affordable and WORK. Trust me I have tried so many different products that seemed to do no effect, these babies are the real deal. You will find the links to all of the products by clicking the words in BOLD if you’re interested in trying them out.
Like I said, I love these products and have been using them for quite some time so I know they work. I will never recommend a product that I do not personally find it to do what it is supposed to do. Hopefully you guys find thee products to be as helpful as they are to me!!
- Garnier SkinActive Argan Nut Face Scrub with Vitamin C
- I bought this for my sister first since she wanted a new face wash. The thing that drew me into buying this one was the fact that it has vitamin C and how it helps give you a more even brighter skin tone. As soon as my sister started using it I was sold on how good it works. Her skin was glowing like never before and it looked so smooth and flawless, think snap chat filter in real life. It was within days her skin changed for the better and as soon as I started to use as well, my skin changed as well. I also learned that it also helps refine pores as it washes away dirt, oil, and makeup. Also according to the website argan nut helps to seal moisture in the skin while helping maintain a healthy skin oil balance. This cleanser also has some vitamin e in it which helps with acne scars and keeping it moisturizes. Another great thing it that the exfoliation is super gentle making it okay to use every day without causing any type of damage.
- Thayer Witch Hazel Alcohol-Free Toner
- This toner’s quality is amazing while being affordable. I recommend using it as a leave on base, this way your skin absorbs all of the benefits. This toner is amazing for shrinking pores and it helps soothe your skin while reducing inflammation and redness. This is a lifesaver after I completely regret messing with a breakout, it’s almost like I never made the mistake!! Plus the fact that it doesn’t have alcohol means that it won’t dry your skin out.
Using an acid-based product has been a game-changer for me when it comes to deep pore cleaning and getting rid of those annoying little bumps that seem to never leave. I have three different acid-based products that have be great and they are all from my favorite affordable skincare brand, The Ordinary.
- Salicylic Acid 2% Solution
- Salicylic Acid is a well-known product for getting rid of acne and great for exfoliating your skin. One of my favorite things about this product is that it’s gentle and it works well.
- Mandelic Acid 10% + HA
- Another great acid that’s a bit stronger than the salicylic acid but still gentle. According to the ordinary website, this product penetrates the skin a bit slower than other acids which help with gentle exfoliation. It also states that this product works for all skin types including most sensitive skin types, so definitely worth trying out!
- Alpha Lipoic Acid 5%
- This is the strongest acid-based product out of all three of these. It does cause a bit of sting in the beginning so definitely proceed with caution. What I love about this one is that it helps keep my skin look extra smooth, bright, and soft. When I use this product at night I wake up with this really great glow, love it. It has a very height potent of antioxidants, which makes this all possible. I use this product a max of two times a week but currently use it every other week. I do have certain areas of my skin where it’s dry easily which is why I am careful of not overdoing it with this product
All three are great and I would recommend all of them as a part of your nighttime routine. Trust me, you skin will have an extra glow when you wakeup. These three babies are powerful and you do not want to get too much sun exposer when using them. Always wear sunscreen, as you should anyways!!
- Tree of Life Vitamin C
- If you haven’t noticed, vitamin c is one of my favorites for skincare. This serum is one I use when I am in a rush and I don’t use my other vitamin c product 100% L-Ascorbic Acid Powder that will be mentioned down below. This one makes your skin soft, gives it a glow and helps you get rid of dark spots. It’s quick-absorbing and gives your skin a bit of a gloss. It helps give your makeup an extra natural glow look. It has a high concentration level and works amazing.
- Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
- If you got problems with pores, blemishes, oiliness or even congestion this one it the one for you! It is great for all skin types, dry, oily, combination, dry, or sensitive. I find it to work extremely well while being gentle on your skin. How it works is that the niacinamide helps with blemishes and clogged pores white the zinc helps balance all other visible aspects. Once again The Ordinary killed it with this product while being super affordable. Also one thing I love about this brand is that The Ordinary does NOT contain parables, sulfates, most of them are vegan and cruelty-free, some being oil-free and more.
I love, love, love a good oil product. When I’m feeling like doing a simple skincare routine I always reach for an oil-based product and a moisturizer. These three are the oils my go-to and they’re used for different reasons.
- Olive Oil
- Oil is often something most people don’t think of using as apart of their skincare routine because they’re scared it will clog your pores. For me and the rest of my family, this is completely not the case. If anything it has been a huge factor in helping me clear up my skin. It has so many great benefits like anti-aging, high vitamin content, anti-bacterial and of course extremely moisturizing. At first, I was a bit worried that it would cause my skin to get oily but it has helped my skin keep a healthy oil level. Now before you go to your local grocery store and pick out the first olive oil you use there are some very necessary specifics. The olive oil you pick out needs to be cold-pressed, unrefined extra virgin and preferably organic. The reason is that when no heat is applied during the process of making the oil it allows the oil to contain the highest concentration of the benefits olive oil has to offer. Plus it also means that it does not contain any preservatives or any other additives which could be harmful. Lucky finding olive oil that fits the criteria is quite easy, whether through Amazon, thrive market, or your local health food store.
- JASON Vitamin E 45,000 IU Skin Oil, Maximum Strength
- Okay, this oil has given me such soft skin plus it’s so great for helping you get rid of acne scars! Seeing the results of getting rid of acne scars can take some time but trust me it works. I love to wear this right before I go to bed because I wake up with moisturized skin with an extra glow.
Now here’s the twist, usually its recommended to put on your moisturizing cream products and then the oils based products just because oil is usually a heavier product. I like to do the opposite, put on my oil products and then my moisturizer. I feel like when I do this it keeps all of my products in place allowing there to be optimal absorption of the products. When it comes to skincare I want nothing to go to waste and I feel like this method works so well.
my skin goes through these cycles of dryness if I don’t find the right moisturizer. It can’t be too thick because it gets too oily. If its too light, my skin gets too dry and flaky. I tried a ton of different ones I found two that are both moisturizing while not feeling too heavy.
- St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer
- This one was a lifesaver for me. I found this one when I was dealing with dry flakey skin and this one helps me so quick. This one is super light that it surprised me how much it actually moisturizes my skin. The collagen is such a great touch to keep your skin looking young as well. The price is amazing because you get such a large amount. This one is my favorite and my constant go to.
- Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA
- This moisturizer is amazing like there is no other way to put it. It is so moisturizing because of the hyaluronic acid so it keeps your skin soft and hydrated without feeling too heavy or oily. I love that it helps me with any type of dry patches and helps me just maintain a perfect balance of hydration. Trust me a little goes a long way so if you decided to try it out start with a small amount!
The name sounds like some type of complicated product but its just powdered vitamin c! Unlike other vitamin c products having the state of the product in powder form allows it to have the most direct exposure of extremely high concentration of vitamin c topically. Vitamin c is a great antioxidant that brightens your skin, evens out tones and reduces signs of aging. A killer product that gets you results, especially one with this much concentration. To use this product you need to mix it with another product to liquidize and become easy to apply. I like to mix it with my lightest based serum or with my moisturizer. It gives you this pop of a brighter, glowing, healthier skin look immediately and helps you maintain it if used constantly. Now you may feel a slight tingling sensation but it goes away after a few minutes and does not cause any type of irritation. Usually, this sensation goes away after a week or two as your skin becomes adjusted to the tolerance of this highly concentrated vitamin c. a vitamin c product is so great for everyone and this one works amazing for such a great affordable price! I would 100% recommend this baby. The name The name sounds like some type of complicated product but its just powdered vitamin c! Unlike other vitamin c products having the state of the product in powder form allows it to have the most direct exposure of extremely high concentration of vitamin c topically. Vitamin c is a great antioxidant that brightens your skin, evens out tones and reduces signs of aging. A killer product that gets you results, especially one with this much concentration. To use this product you need to mix it with another product to liquidize and become easy to apply. I like to mix it with my lightest based serum or with my moisturizer. It gives you this pop of a brighter, glowing, healthier skin look immediately and helps you maintain it if used constantly. Now you may feel a slight tingling sensation but it goes away after a few minutes and does not cause any type of irritation. Usually, this sensation goes away after a week or two as your skin becomes adjusted to the tolerance of this highly concentrated vitamin c. a vitamin c product is so great for everyone and this one works amazing for such a great affordable price! I would 100% recommend this baby.
So yes I mentioned a lot of products but they keep my skin from staying the best it possibly can. Some days I might get a bit lazy and skip and few but they just work amazing. These keep your girl happy, clear, & glowy.
All the love,